There is no doubt that essential oils are very useful and versatile around the home. A friend of mine just introduced me to using lemon oil to clean the waxy coating off of fruit! I am completely smitten with lemon essential oil and its cleaning properties – my kiddos swear that this lemon oil bath makes the fruit taste better. I am just glad that it is clean!
Here is the step-by-step guide:
1. Remove stems from berries/grapes
2. Throw them in a bowl that is big enough to contain them all, with none sticking up over the lip of the bowl
3. Fill the bowl with cold water
4. Add 2-4 drops of lemon essential oil to the water
5. Use your hands or a spoon to agitate the water
6. Let soak for a minute or so
7. Pour the berries into a strainer and rinse
8. For storage, I usually throw the berries back into the bowl with a paper towel folded at the bottom to soak up the extra water
I think that you could do this with apple slices to make them last longer without turning brown!