This post sponsored by SodaStream, written by me.
I love my SodaStream! I want to shout it from the roof tops! I mean, what is there not to love? I can’t think of anything, but what I can think of are five reasons why I do love it! Here they are, in no particular order.
1. It’s easy to use. This is not one of those gadgets that takes hours to set up and learn how to use. Once you have made your first bottle of SodaStream goodness, you are pretty much an expert! It’s as easy as 1,2,3…4! (1) Fill the bottle with cold water. (2) Screw the bottle onto the machine and press the top button to add carbonation. (3) Add flavor (4) Shake gently. It takes about 1 minute to make a bottle of your favorite drink.
2. It’s versatile. I think the name SodaStream is a bit misleading. If you don’t drink soda, or “Cokes” as we call them, then you might brush this little gem off as “not my thing.” But it makes so much more than just soda! We don’t drink very much soda at all, and we use it every day. Some other choices besides water are Koolaid, Country Time, energy drinks, sparkling naturals, and my favorite, MyWater. MyWater is an unsweetened water flavoring, so what you get is carbonated water with as little or as much flavoring as you prefer!
3. Custom-made drinks. This might just be my most favorite thing about the SodaStream. Do you like your drinks extra bubbly? Do you wish that you could turn the soda flavor up or down a notch? Ever wanted to combine flavors? You can do all of these things and much more! My girls love root beer, so when I make them root beer with the SodaStream I add a little less flavor than normal, less sugar and they don’t notice a bit!
4. Saves us money. Right now in North Dakota, a 12-pack of Coke costs about $6-8. That’s a lot of money! And the carbonated water 12-packs we were buying were at least $5 each. We were buying at least two 12-packs of Cokes and eight 12-packs of carbonated water a month. It was really adding up! Now that we have the SodaStream, our costs are almost nothing! We use tap water when we fill up the bottle which is way cheaper! When the carbonator goes out, we will just take it to our local retailer to exchange it for price of the gas only. If you think there isn’t a retailer close to you, guess again! We live in a small, remote town and we have one! Spare bottles are available for $59.99/2-pk on the SodaStream website, that’s enough CO2 to carbonate 120 L of water! That’s a great deal if you ask me. Flavor and syrup bottles are inexpensive and can be picked up at Walmart.
5. Earth-friendly. Even if you aren’t a crusader for saving the environment, it can be a little daunting throwing away or trying to recycle all those cans and bottles. Not to mention you are paying for all that packaging! With the SodaStream you can rest assured that you are creating less waste. And since the CO2 bottles can be exchanged and re-used, it is a double bonus! Check out their earth friendly facts here.
*I was provided with a SodaStream in order to facilitate my review. All opinions are my own.*