SIGH. Ugh. Blah! We are sleep training our on year old this week, I am exhausted! So here is my lazy edition of DDT. Thanks to Coping With Frugality and Full Time Mama for helping us share our recipes each week!
Hello Kitty cupcakes for my daughter’s 4th birthday!
What you need:
(1) 8 oz. package of cream cheese (softened)
(1) stick of butter (softened)
3 – 4 C. powdered sugar
1 C. Cool Whip (or homemade whipped cream)
Octopus and Aquarium cupcakes for my daughter’s 3rd birthday!
What you do:
1) Cream the cream cheese and butter in a stand mixer (or with beaters) until well combined.
2) Mixing in low (to avoid getting powdered), add 1 cup of powdered sugar at a time
**If you like more cream cheesy tasting frosting, use 3 C. powdered sugar, if you don’t, use 4 cups!**
3) Gently fold in the whipped cream until just combined
That’s it! Easy peezy! And this recipe will usually yield some extra for snacks
- To make chocolate cream cheese frosting, use less powdered sugar and substitute cocoa powder to taste
- If you plan on dying the frosting, add the dye while you are creaming the butter and cream cheese