This week I am bringing you a slow cooker experiment turned AMAZING! It is so so simple and just as versatile.
What you need:
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 can cream of chicken soup
2 small cans of diced green chiles
1 can of pinto beans, drained and rinsed
Here is what you do:
1) Coat the inside of your slow cooker with vegetable oil (or spray)
2) Lay chicken breasts on the bottom of the slow cooker
3) Top with cream of chicken soup (straight from the can) and green chiles
4) Cover and cook on low for 8 hours
5) Shred chicken and give it a good stir, season with salt and pepper to taste, add in can of pinto beans
6) Prepare corn tortillas either by steaming or frying
- To steam: Microwave 2 tortillas at a time in a freezer ziploc bag with a damp paper towel inside for 10-20 seconds (zip bag most of the way but leave small opening for steam to vent) CAREFUL – contents will be hot!!
- To fry: Heat enough vegetable oil to completely cover the bottom of a small skillet until the oil shimmers. Add the tortilla and fry for about 1 minute on each side – drain off excess oil and lay on a paper towel to cool. Salt if desired.
7) Chop cilantro and dice the onion.
8) Assemble and enjoy!