Monday night dinners always seem to be the hardest for me. It just seems to be a bit of a struggle for us to get back into the swing of things after a fun family weekend. I like to fall back on an easy and fun dinner recipe for Monday nights. One of my all time favorites is French Bread Pizza. It is easy because it requires little prep/clean-up and it is economical because you can use leftovers as toppings!
What you need:
~ French bread – how much you need depends on how many people. I use smaller loaves so each person gets a half.
~ Canned crushed tomatoes
~ Mozzarella cheese
~ Any toppings you like
~ Salt/pepper and garlic powder
What you do:
1. Preheat oven to “broil” setting
2. Cut French bread in half, long ways. If desired, butter each half and grill it in a frying pan to crisp it up a bit.
3. Add salt/pepper/garlic salt to crushed tomatoes
4. Spread desired amount of tomato sauce on each bread half.
5. Add toppings – my kids like to do a build-your-own thing.
6. Top with cheese.
7. Place on a cookie sheet and place under broiler just until cheese starts to bubble.
8. Enjoy with a side salad or steamed broccoli!