Deliciously simple white gravy, just like (my) grandma used to make!
- 1 stick butter (unsalted)
- 8 T. white flour
- 4 C. milk
- Salt/pepper to taste
1. Melt the butter over medium heat in a medium sized sauce pan.
2. Whisk in the flour, continue whisking for one to two minutes. DON’T STOP WHISKING! IT WILL BURN!
Pardon the blurry pictures, it is hard to whisk and take pictures at the same time!
3. Whisk in the milk.
4. Leave the pan on the burner, as the gravy heats, it will thicken. It is super important to keep moving the whisk around during this time or the flour will burn to the bottom of the pan. This will take around 5-10 minutes depending on the the heat setting.
5. Once gravy has thickened (it won’t be “sloshy” anymore), take it off the heat, add salt and pepper to taste.